Whether you are in your first appointment or well-seasoned, you are welcome to attend this pilot program for Department Chair/School Director Training.
We envision these sessions as an opportunity to gain new information and share best practices and strategies. We will offer a mix of individual and panel presentations, with time for discussion, collaboration, and Q&A. Please register via Signup for the sessions you plan to attend.
We hope you will participate, learn, and provide us with feedback as we pilot this new program.
Strategic Planning, University Policy and University Goals/ Yearly Tasks and Deadlines (10/9/20)
Budgeting and Managing Accounts (10/15/20)
Operational Planning (10/23/20)
Chair Workload (10/29/20)
Important Campus Resources/Next Steps (10/30/20)
10/30/20 Links and Materials
- First-Gen Week is Nov. 9 - 13: https://www.ucollege.txstate.edu/first-gen-proud/first-gen-week.html
- Logi: https://doit.txstate.edu/services/reporting.html
11/13/2020 Diversity Discussion Resources
- Survey of Earned Doctorates
- Faculty Pipeline: PhD Production by Program, Race, and Gender
- Executive Order on Combating Race and Sex Stereotyping
- Executive Order Facts
- “Trumps diversity training faces lawsuit”:
- MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
- Texas State Inclusive Excellence Showcase 2020
- GREs don't predict grad school success. What does?