Scholarship & Teaching Excellence Program (STEP)
Scholarship and Teaching Excellence Program (STEP)
New assistant professors at Texas State University are expected to participate in the Scholarship and Teaching Excellence Program. The program consists of six sessions dedicated to ensuring a solid foundation for research productivity, strengthening teaching and scholarship, creating an awareness of various university resources, and addressing the tenure and promotion process. The goals of the program are to inspire strong performance as well as to instill a sense of community among the new faculty on campus.
Most sessions are scheduled in the JC Kellam 11th floor Reed Parr room. A networking luncheon is typically served at 12:00 p.m. Participants will be contacted via e-mail prior to each session. The programs will begin at 12:30 p.m. and last until approximately 3:00 p.m.
Participants will sign an agreement indicating their intent to participate in the program. Upon satisfactory completion of the Scholarship and Teaching Excellence Program, participants will receive a certificate and a $600 stipend to apply toward an approved scholarly pursuit during the next academic year (June 2020 - August 2021).
- Finding Funding for Scholarship – Friday, September 13, 2019
- Project Management, and Career-Life Integration – Friday, October 18, 2019
- Annual Evaluation and Digital Measures – November 15, 2019
- First-semester Reflection and Inclusion & Diversity – January 24, 2020
- Tenure & Promotion and Career Development – February 21, 2020
- Continuous Improvement and Celebration – March 27, 2020
Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-245-2112 if you have any questions about the program.